SONNAX INPUT HOUSING W/ SHAFTIncludes:
Features and Benefits:
- PTFE Impregnated Rear Stator Support Bushing
- Input Drum Reinforcement Sleeve
- Overrun Piston Inner Seal
- Overrun Piston
- 3-4 Clutch Apply Plate
- (10) 3-4 Clutch Return Springs
- Bolt-on Anchor Plate
- Overrun Piston Outer Seal
- (15) Socket Head Cap Screws
- Smart-Tech Input Housing with 300mm Reluctor-Style Input Shaft Assembly
- Anchored backing plate keeps clutches parallel to stop the flexing and distortion that leads to heat build-up
- Treated housing is significantly more resistant to fatigue failure
- Steel reinforcement sleeve prevents breakage in the spline area
- Custom backing plate replaces OE retaining ring to eliminate risk of blowout
Smart-Tech input housing kit with heavy duty input shaft 77733-12K fits 300mm reluctor-style units. The high-strength shaft features many unique refinements available only from Sonnax, including a unique design that protects against failure from stress cracks. Both the housing and shaft also are available separately.
Physically larger clutch pack area for increased 3-4 clutch capacity without sacrificing clutch durability. Use your choice of:
- * Eight .067" frictions with seven .095" steels
- * Nine .062" frictions with eight .077" steels
Limitations of the GM 4L60-E, 4L65-E, 4L70-E OE input housing are the root cause of 3-4 burnup in performance applications. The weak OE backing plate flexes during clutch apply, allowing heat to build up unevenly within the clutch packs limited space. Stop the flex and you stop 3-4 clutch failure. The unique Sonnax Smart-Tech housing design makes room for a taller clutch pack anchored in place by a stronger backing plate, making it the only way to increase clutch capacity and protect against destructive heat. Numerous other improvements to the housing ensure maximum durability and protection against failure in higher horsepower, higher pressure applications. Heavy Duty Input Shaft:
Input shaft failure is a common problem in GM 4L60-E, 4L65-E, 4L70-E units as power levels are increased. Sonnax heavy duty input shaft 77733-12S for 300mm reluctor-style units is ideal for any high-horsepower street or strip application. The shaft is manufactured from a specially heat treated steel with very hard outer layers and a more ductile inner core for strength and resistance to fracture. The feed holes are chamfered to reduce stress, and the shaft is further processed by shot peening and deep cryogenic treatment.
Write the First Review!